Pizza! Raise your hand if your favorite food isn’t pizza. That’s what I thought. My husband and I run our own business and are in the process of moving. We are busy. The easy answer is order a pizza. One can only do that so often before the heavy guilt starts to set in. I was on the lookout for a lighter, smaller pizza option. Something that satisfies and packs a big pizza punch without leaving me feeling bloated and lethargic. I found the idea for these lovelies on Pinterest (of course) and tweaked the recipe to my liking. These are super easy to make and take about 30 minutes in the oven. They are fabulous for lunch, a snack, or make some for dinner and serve with a side salad. I like to make a batch and be productive while they cook! Then I get a nice reward of pizza treat when I’ve accomplished something from my to-do list without all the dough. Hope you enjoy!
Special Kitchen Tools: Large Muffin Tin
- Thick sliced Canadian bacon OR quality deli turkey or ham (nothing that is wet when it's packaged)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Lower carb pizza sauce (I use Chef Boyardee)
- Green pepper, diced
- Black olives,diced
- Seasonings to taste (I used Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a large muffin tin with cooking spray
- Place a slice of Canadian Bacon (or fold one slice of deli meat in half and place in bottom of a muffin tin) in each opening of the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle a pinch of mozzarella cheese on top of each slice
- Top with about a teaspoon of sauce
- Add toppings to taste
- Sprinkle a pinch of cheese on top of the toppings
- Sprinkle seasonings on top of the cheese (optional)
- Place muffin tin in the oven and bake for between 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown
- Remove from the muffin tin with a fork or spatula
- In lieu of green pepper and black olives, use any toppings you like on your pizza!